About the Client:
Client is a national leader in US health care solutions for people who are at a low-income level and/or are chronically ill. From their humble beginnings in 1983 in a West Philadelphia hospital, they have grown into one of the largest and most respected Medicaid managed care organizations in the country. Today, they serve approximately 5 million members in 13 states and the District of Columbia.
As client organization grew in size over the last decade, their legacy and on prem data infrastructure started to become a hindrance rather than an enabler for growth. During Covid Pandemic it became a glaring issue on how to manage and handle the on-prem data infrastructure as many resources starting to work from home and leaving the job market. This is when client took a decision to move its data infrastructure to Azure cloud (as client data environment is Microsoft Heavy).
- Lack of inhouse expertise in handling cloud migration.
- Lack of expertise in handling a complete SAP BO migration to cloud with all its current application connections
- An audit of user environment was carried out to determine the usage of the platform by different departments
- A detailed analysis was carried out to divide the data into different buckets
- A prioritization study was done on which buckets should be shifted to cloud first
- A logical framework was developed to carry out the load in sequential manner
- A timeline was established to move 4 terabytes of Instances data to Azure cloud from SAP BO on prem system.
- Study was carried out to identify dependencies of SAP BO in Azure
- A road map was created with minimal user impact and minimum downtime
Implementation of the solution in a two-pronged approach.
Building up the infrastructure in the cloud
Migration of On-Prem SAP BO to Azure cloud
- The entire migration from SAP BO on-prem system to Azure cloud only took 6 months, this is including entire historical data migration
- The efficiency of the new framework allowed for a quick migration of real data within 2 days (20-30 GB data) after the implementation of new Azure cloud system